August 29, 2007

My First Apartment (Korea 2007)

Since I am filling a new position at school, they are providing a new apartment for me. In other words, I didn't get an apartment from a former employee but got new furniture and furnishings =) The apartment is larger than I expected with 6 rooms, including enclosed balcony for the washer and dry rack. It reminds me of the housing in Europe with no built-in closets but wall units for clothes instead.




Some of the great features of the apartment include hardwood floors throughout with a stainless steel kitchen (nice big sink with industrial sprayer).

I would have to say the negatives include NO VIEW except of my neighbors and small businesses lined up along the incredibly narrow streets below. From one extreme with the rural views of Chesley Lake to condensed urban living! I'm still getting used to the one room bath/shower concept (where the entire bathroom is a shower), singing washer with buttons identified in Korean and the locks/security system... but other than this, things are looking pretty good!